The Christmas season can be a frenzied, frantic season. With all of the festivities, shopping, and family events, we easily miss the opportunity to slow down and focus on the marvelous mystery of Immanuel, God with us. Choose to intentionally focus on Jesus this season. To do that, here are some ideas for you:
2. Read the Christmas story from either Matthew or Luke’s Gospel at least once during the Christmas season.
3. If you have children, have them act out the Christmas story.
4. Whether you have children or not, read the story of the real Saint Nicholas.
5. Read and meditate upon a couple of Christmas carols this season, appreciating the beautiful, worship theology of the incarnation.
6. Be generous. Find a way to combat the materialism and consumerism of Christmas.
In addition to choosing a couple of these things to do during the Christmas season, one of the best ways you can focus on Jesus is to invite and bring someone to Northshore for one of our Christmas events (Family Christmas Festival, Christmas at the Movies series, or Christmas Eve). We all have people in our lives who need to know that God has come. And because He has come, we’ve been offered the life-changing gift of life, peace, and hope in Jesus Christ. And you can help them focus on Jesus – “the reason for the season!”